×
Maggie Gyllenhaal

Maggie Gyllenhaal

The October 2009 issue of Marie Claire features the glorious Maggie Gyllenhaal as its coverstar. Over the years she's graced several Marie Claire covers on both sides of the Atlantic and I like this current offering - not keen on the Silk Cut purple, but the bow bustier's gorgeous and the rich, dark colour makes her eyes pop.

I'm all about lashings of black eyeliner and big lashes, so I think most make up looks aren't strong enough, but the August 2008 cover above is definitely too natural for a cover look. Still looks cute though.

The September 2006 cover is cool although a little too close to the DKNY Be Delicious campaign shots, which launched about the same time. Anyway, she looks fabulous on all three and I'm pleased to see she's a firm favourite with fashion magazines - mainly because, after Secretary and the Agent Provocateur campaign, I have a massive girl crush. And a normal crush on her brother. Them good genes.